Click here to watch the video:
How to be the Best Dad in the Galaxy
Key points from the vid:
1. Crush the Dark Side of the Force -When children play, they will often play with the Dark Side. Make sure that the boundaries between the Dark Side and Light Side are always clear and consistent.
2. Make the Force Strong in Them - Get them doing new things, like reading, cycling, chess, geo-political analysis (LOL!)... Give them plenty of chances to succeed, so they come to know victory like an old friend. Praise their successes and make sure they don't take failures to heart.
3. Ignore Jedi Mind Tricks - Your kids may be masters of manipulation already. The skill is when to let them know when to win and when to stand firm. Kids need to know that they are listened to.
4. Never show your Dark Side - Shouting is always a waste of time and very unpleasant as well. If their childlike ways are getting to you, look within yourself. Remember how influential you are to them and how scary it is to be shouted at when you are little.
5. Become a child again - Good dads are never off duty (I love this line!). Being affectionate and warm, when you'd rather be reading the papers (or checking your Facebook newsfeeds :) and then getting up and playing one more game of spaceships is what makes the difference between an OK dad and the best dad in the galaxy!
Happy Father's Day to all you hardworking and devoted dads out there!